If you’re vehicle has a rear-mounted spare tire, listen up! Today, we’re breaking down the options for tire covers and the benefits of each style.
First off, why do we use tire covers?
Benefits of Tire Covers
- Extended Tire Life: The right cover can significantly prolong your tire's lifespan.
- Aesthetic Appeal: A matching or custom cover can really enhance your vehicle’s look.
- Weather Resistance: They protect against rain, snow, wind, and even UV rays.
- Dirt and Grime Prevention: Keeps your tires clean and free from unwanted debris.
- Ease of Cleaning and Reduced Maintenance Costs: Cleaning becomes a breeze, and you'll save money in the long run.
Now, let's delve into the wonderful world of tire covers. Yes, there's a variety to choose from, each suited for different needs and preferences.
Different Types of Tire Covers
There are two main categories - Hardcovers and Softcovers. But to give you a better understanding, we've broken them down further:
- Fabric Spare Tire Covers – an inexpensive option with minimal protection levels
- Vinyl Spare Tire Covers – we use an extruded automotive vinyl, providing unmatched protection and longevity in a soft cover.
- Thermoplastic Covers – molded tire covers providing complete coverage from impact and elements. These covers are available in a wide variety of paint finishes and custom graphics.
- Stainless steel and Thermoplastic Covers – superior protection using rolled stainless steel to cover the tire tread, and a thermoplastic face to cover the wheel well.
- Small Covers (CRV, Rav4)
- SUV Wheel Covers (Jeep, Ford Bronco, Hummer and more)
- Custom Size Tire Covers – we can create custom spare tire covers for nearly any tire size.
- Wheel Covers with Logos or Brands
- Locking Wheel Covers
- Custom-produced Spare Tire Covers
- Camera Port Accessible Tire Covers
Each type caters to different vehicle type and personal style, no matter your preference, Boomerang can build you a tire cover at our state of the art facility in Colorado.
Choosing the Right Tire Cover
When you're ready to buy a tire cover, keep these tips in mind:
- Check tire measurement to ensure the perfect fit.
- Think about the material based on your needs (Fabric, Vinyl, Thermoplastic, stainless Steel).
- Consider your local weather conditions.
- Look for special features that might be useful for you.
- Read reviews and ratings to gauge performance and durability.
And there you have it, folks! Everything you need to know about different types of tire covers. Remember, the right tire cover not only protects your tire but also adds a touch of personality to your vehicle. So, choose wisely and take good care of your tires. If you're all set to get one, check out Boomerang’s extensive options and our guide on how to install it too!